Good Day, I have a male friend who has a month old baby. The mother has been in Cape Town throughout her pregnancy and in this time he’s sent her money for doctors appointments etc. She came to Joburg early January. He wants to do a paternity test as he thinks it’s not his child due to the fact that there is another man claiming that its his child but regardless of that he’s since still been visiting the child regularly and he’s been supporting the child. The mother has now threatened to take the child away and has disappeared. What can he do to gain custody if the child happens to be his as he has previously asked her to have the child live with him seeing that he’s more stable and she’s not working and living with some family member.

Category:  Family Law, Custody and Guardianship

Region: South Africa, Gauteng