I had an arrangement with my live in Ex boyfriend to purchase his car..no paperwork was drawn up. Agreed amount was R48000, 2000 was payable monthly until car was paid up. Arrangement was I paid his portion of the Rent which was r1000, and the balance of R1000 was cash.In July 2015, I started paying-paid cash for the first few months and his portion of rent went off via EFT (R1000), thereafter switched to EFT. IT became clear that after a few fights he was not going to honour the transaction , so i bought my own car in Dec 2016, and stopped payments in Nov 2016. we broke up in Feb 2017. I would like to know if there is any legal way i can get back at least half of whatever i had paid him.

Category:  Civil Matters, Letters of Demand

Region: South Africa, KwaZulu-Natal