To whom it may concern,

My father disappeared in June of 1999. He left the house with nothing but the clothes on his back and we since then have heard not a single word or any evidence that he is still alive. A missing persons case was opened when he disappeared.

I received a phone call last year indicating that he has surplus moneys and for me to be able to obtain this I need to apply/supply them with a death certificate. This I cannot do as he has not been declared dead. So i need to apply for a Presumption of death. So what I would like to know is what documentation is needed? Where do I go to start this process or any other information.

Your assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Category:  The Constitution, General Questions

Region: South Africa, Gauteng