I’m 18 and my dad stopped paying child support for me, but he is still paying for my sister who is 15. My parents have been separated for about 4 years. My mom wants me to sue him so that he could pay until I can take care of myself. My dad makes a lot more money than my mother, but is also struggling. I don’t have a relationship with my father, but I don’t want to sue him. I think she will disown me if I don’t do it. I don’t know what to do. I want to go overseas to work while I’m on my gap year, but now I’m not allowed to because I need to sue my dad.

Category:  Family Law, Children's Rights

Region: South Africa, Gauteng