Good day

What do I need to do to apply for full custody of a minor child and maintenance? I was not married to the child’s father. I left him due to abuse physical and physiological). He also had a drinking problem, which he got help with.
We wanted to get a contract in place for dual custody and all expenses are divided 50/50 and my daughter then stays with him a week and a week with me(alternating). I am no longer comfortable with this and know that the father will not accept me having full custody,

What are my rights and actions required to get full custody and the father only visiting rights.
My daughter is turning 7 in February 2018



Category:  Family Law, Children's Rights

Region: South Africa, Gauteng