Renting from a friend
Good Day just want to find out the following
1) Rented a room at friends place
2)Never got a contract or house keys
3) Stayed with them for a month payed my rent
4) One day i got home and my stuff was moved into a other room with out my consent.
5) Moved out but left a few stuff at the house.
6) Payed them a portion of my rent to leave the stuff there.
Rent R1000 Payed them R300 per month to leave the suff there
For no electricity use or water use or consumibles
7) Now they want more rent R500 after a took all my stuff out.
8) Want to take me a lawyers
CAN they do this?
Dear Pieter M,
Quite frankly nothing stops them from taking you to the lawyer’s, yes they can do that. The beter question is will they be successful in their actions/claim or will they be throwing good money after bad money…