I moved out of a property on 30 July 2017. As per my lease agreement, my deposit was due in full within 14 days of handing over the keys. (Handover was done in person. No damages claimed etc.) Since then I have been begging for my deposit back. Endless excuses of car accidents, being sick, wifes sick etc. Eventually I received a part of my deposit back and since then have not received the balance even when promised by certain dates. I would like to issue a Letter of Demand and then lodge a claim via the Small Claims Court. However, I do not have the address of the landlord other than the property I was renting from him. He does not live there and has another tenant renting. How do i get the Letter of Demand to him if I do not have an address where he resides? I have contact email/number and banking details.

Category:  Property, Rental and Housing Tribunal

Region: South Africa, Gauteng