A friend of my daughter was driving her motor vehicle and another person drove into the back of her car.
The insurance wrote the car off and has paid her out. However, she had to pay the excess of R5000-00. The amount paid out by the insurance was of course not enough for her to replace the vehicle which was only just fully paid up two weeks previously.
She has had to buy a new car which has put her into debt all over again.
Can she claim the R5000-00 excess and is there any recourse for the additional costs incurred in replacing the vehicle from the person driving her car?

Category:  Civil Matters, Damages

Region: South Africa, Gauteng