Good day, my husband and I are living separately and I will be filing for a divorce and would also want to get full custody of my child who will turning one in December this year. My husband is unable to support me financially or emotionally and cannot provide to the fullest for my child ( JUST BUYS HER MILK AND DIAPERS MONTHLY). I am currently living on my own (renting) and taking care of myself, my child and my pensioner parents. I am wanting to travel to the states for a brief holiday/reunion with my family (siblings) for the festive period but my husband will not permit this nor will he apply for our baby’s passport so I am forced to spend the holidays alone with just my child. Is there any way I can still travel abroad with my baby without my husbands permission?
Pamela Chetty

Category:  Family Law, Custody and Guardianship

Region: South Africa, KwaZulu-Natal