I am a South African citizen, my son (9) is British, we reside in Cape Town. We have no contact with his biological father in the UK,since my sons second birthday. Id like to travel with my son but the new law states that I need consent from my estranged. If we have not seen the man in almost a decade, how can we travel?
We are legally divorced and they have no contact with each other, What process would I have to follow to gain full custody or be able to travel with my son without his consent?
Any assistance on the matter would be appreciated…?
Thanks, Monique.

Category:  Family Law, Custody and Guardianship

Region: South Africa, Western Cape